1. Blogging– Post 20 per month. Fail. This is post number 18. This number is slowly but surely going up. We are currently in an extremely busy season with work till 6 most nights for me and multiple practices and games every night.
2.Weight Loss– 175#. No comment.
3. Spiritual– Spend at least 5 days a week, reading and studying The Bible. This continues to be a challenge for me. I need to find a time to set for this but so far not happening.
Personal goals are a failure for the fourth month straight. But on a positive note, things are improving. I know that once things settle down and I get my school groove back it will get better.
1. Set aside money each month in every budget category. Fail. We have been able to meet all expenses but this is a huge struggle.
2. Establish and maintain Emergency Fund- Fail.
3. Groceries: Goal is for $550. I knew once Food Lion started their sale that I would be way over for the month. I currently have spent $920 which is close to two months. The good news is that I am going to order fruit trees in October and may make one more trip for sale items at Food Lion but otherwise the month of October I don’t plan on a trip until the end of the month if at all!
4. Gas: Spend $300 a month- Fail! We spent $313 this month including an oil change for the van. In October, the truck needs an inspection and tags so it will continue to be a expensive time.
5. Pay off all Credit Card debit by December 2016- Fail. I am meeting bare minimal payments on everything but really was hoping to begin to get control and reduce this number.
6. Money Making Apps- I am adding this for monthly reporting. Matt and I both are trying to see how much we can earn doing small things. This month has been very successful. Matt cashed out for 2 $25 gift cards from Swag Bucks and 2 $5 gift cards from MPLACES. I have cashed out for a total of $75 in gift cards from Swag Bucks and $20 in gift cards from MPLACES. Total of $145 for the month. Extra money is awesome and helping to work our way back to a budget.