We finished with most of the planting last Friday evening. I ended up purchasing most of the plants as only cucumbers grew from the seeds we planted!
This has always been one of my favorite hymns and I really feel the need to be thankful today so I am going to just “count my blessing name them one by one”….
- Each one of my five children Amanda, Haley, Lily, Kendall and Zach…they each are a blessing from God and I love each one the same!
- My job… yes it is stressful but I still go to work each day to a job that I really enjoy and I get to work with my best friend!
- Time to spend at home working in the yard and just being with my kids. This past weekend, I spent more time with the little ones than without. I enjoy working outside and then just hanging out in front of the television.
- Central Air- I remember many of the years that I struggled to get the window unit clean and work. And I am even more thankful for the heat in the winter time. I still recall the winter that we ran out of oil for the old heater several time and had to sleep at my parents just to stay warm.
- Clothing for each of the kids and even better a line item in the budget to purchase new clothing if need. In the past few years, I have been blessed with lots of second hand clothing so the need is not as great. But again I can recall a year that I had to ask for money just to buy clothing for Haley.
- Brothers and sisters in Christ that are praying for me daily. I will never have to face difficult time alone… God is always with me but he has also supplied hands and feet in our church family.
Matt made a pretty interesting statement yesterday. “CVS is more of a marathon, not a sprint.” I have made two trip to CVS in the past two-day and have done amazingly! I will preference it by saying that Haley “needed” make up earlier in the week so she asked for some coupons and brought her 5 ECB back for me to you. So I did begin with 5 ECB and ended today with zero. I spent $15 and saved $68 or 82%. I am most impressed with the items I purchased: 10 2 L Diet Cokes (0.99) each, 2 large bags of M&Ms, 2 boxes of movie candy, 2 bottle of Dove Hair Spray, 2 containers of Shampoo, A razor, a container of shaving gel, and 2 bottles of Irish Spring Body wash, These are all items that will be easily used in the next month. I know that I need to stock back up on razors so I am going to watch the sales over the next couple of weeks to see what I can come up!
- Both little girls had eye appointments last week and we received some good news, Kendall’s eye are stable, corrected to 20/20 with glass so she will not need to be seen again for six months! Lily’s weak eye has improved as well and she will no longer be patching! She continues to need to be seen every 3 months but she is so excited to stop patching after 3 year!
- All of Zach’s dental bill have been processed by the insurance company and after requesting refunds, which I will turn around and pay on the remain bill, we only owe an additional $93. This is a huge relief and praise as the original bill I received last week was $696
- Budgeting this month has gone really astray. I am struggling to get a grip on the coming in but more importantly on the amounts we are spending. I know that a significant amount is school/end of the year related but man I wish it would slow down.
- Haley is fast approaching Graduation from high school. She presented her final English project today and has a presentation next week that is very stressful for her. But she is counting the days till she walks across the stage. She also is searching for a job for the summer.
- Matt has been working on the car, Haley purchased from Amanda, hopefully it will be completed and ready to drive by the end of May.
- I have a student who is shadowing me this week and starting next week will be “taking over my caseload” to complete her education. I did not realize until this week how difficult and stressful my job can be! But I still love it!
- The only success I had with starting my garden from seeds this year was the cucumbers. I hope to replant the other items this week.
I was given this recipe by one of Sandy’s patient. It was awesome so I decided to try it at home. YUMMY! and Simple! So I had to share..
24oz Bag White Chocolate chips
12oz Creamy Peanut Butter
4oz Milk Chocolate chips
Melt White chocolate chips in microwave 1 minute at 70%, stir if not smooth add additional 15 seconds at 70%. Mix in peanut butter. Spread in 9×13 pan. Melt milk chocolate chip, same 1 minute at 70%. Drizzle on top of other mixture. Using a toothpick swirl into the mixture but not too deep. Place in fridge to firm up. I keep mine in the fridge but you can keep in air tight container.