Not sure if Carla is going to post this today but I wanted to get ahead of the game and I simply LOVE this format for catching up!
1. My BFF is enjoying a week at the beach, she had a hard time finding someone to take care of her dog so the little kids are dog sitting for the week.
2.This week and next week should be the slowest of the summer! Swim team is over and the currently plan is to start cheerleading the first full week of August.
3.Both Lily and Kendall are enjoying piano lessons but neither likes to practice! I am very impressed with how quickly they are picking up the skills.
4. I did finish the reorganization of the office, playroom and our closet last week. Total spent was $27 but the difference is huge! I totally feel like my closet is finished now!
5. On Sunday, I spent most of the afternoon, sorting our recipes. I filled a 3inch 3 ring binder with recipes we like and really want to make again or several times, a second 1 inch binder with “stockpile” or make ahead recipes and a third binder with recipes that I have printed from the internet and want to try.
6.Zach finished swim lesson but still does not like to jump into the pool. He did tell our swim coach that he was planning to swim on the team next year so we shall see. I am glad that he is able to go underwater now and is a little bit more comfortable without arm floats.
7.Because of the odd weather we have been having, dry and huge temperature swings, I had to throw out our squash and about half of our bean plants already. We are able to harvest tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers on a regular basis still.
8. We were all excited to realize that currently we have 3 watermelons and 2 cantaloupes growing so far. I am guess we should be able to eat one of each in the next week or so!
9.July is one of two months that I receive 3 paychecks in the month. It has really helped to cover not only our beach trip but also to set aside money for cheerleading fees for the girls.
10. We saw “Planes Fire and Rescue” on Saturday, the kids really enjoyed it but it definitely is not on my favorites list!