5 Things Friday 8-11-2017

  1. This is our beach vacation week. It has been awesome to spend time with all 5 kids and my mother at the same time.
  2. The weather has been less than ideal with storms and rain most of the week except for today!  The kids and Matt rode jet skis this morning and then we spent the rest of the day on the beach.
  3. i am usually a little kid person but I am really enjoying this age of the little kids. They are pretty self sufficient but like to hold my hand while walking,
  4. i have never had a problem with my life proof case on my phone until today. My phone got wet and started acting wired. It is drying out and seems to be working better so hopefully it is not a total loss.
  5. Our biggest decision of the week……to head home on Saturday night or Sunday morning…. decided to let the weather decide!IMG_2569

Wordless Wednesday- Baseball

IMG_2497

IMG_2495 IMG_2496

20479702_106057090088354_6406345951751573926_n[1]

Wordless Wednesday

Kendall was the only one who wanted her face painted

Kendall was the only one who wanted her face painted

Bounce House Fun

Horse Riding

 

Saving on Saturday

Sometime saving is not a choice but a matter of necessity.  Late Thursday night, it was discovered that we had a major water leak. Matt spent most of the day Friday, figure out where the leak was and how to fix it. The leak was in the supply line that runs from the water meter under the foundation and addition to our main water line. The water was actually running under our foundation.  This was not something that could wait. After much research and discussion the only option was to replace the main water line. A professional would charge someone about $100 for this. This option was not even possible on our current budget.  We started working around 6pm Friday. Haley helped by venturing under the 18 inch crawl space under the addition (30 feet) and pulled the water line from a foundation vent in a the front back to the main connection.  We decided to insulate and use a second pipe for protection at the foundation vent.

IMG_0270

Next we all started digging.

IMG_0269And digging……..and digging……and digging……and digging.  Several hours Friday night and again for several hours on Saturday morning.

IMG_0268Next we laid down the new pipe

IMG_0271Finally we moved all the dirt back into the hole and planted grass seed.

IMG_0272The materials ended up costing around $150 including the 50lbs of grass seed that we will save and use in the fall.

 

Total savings over $800 not by choice but by necessity.