- Zach and Kendall have Meet the Teacher night today. They will start school on Monday so it will be back to a crazy busy regular routine again. Zach is planning to play baseball and Kendall wants to try a couple of new things at school.
- Lily is almost finished with her first week of school. She has been working for several hours each day this week. She is very excited to continue in the online charter school and even more excited that she is planning to join several clubs this year. Another big thing in her life right now is that she is planning to audition for the youth theater.
- Our garden is nearing the end as well. We ended up pulling up two huge carts of dead plants this week with. We do have several watermelons that are left and peppers but otherwise there is not much happening. I spoke with my neighbor this evening and at least she made me feel much better that her garden did not do very well either especially the tomatoes.
- We completed our back to school shopping trip tonight. I had not been looking forward to the trip so at least it will be easier to start packing lunches and snack now that we are stocked back up.
- Matt and I had a date night Monday. The not so little kids went over and spent the night with Amanda for pizza and a movie. We used an Applebee’s gift card for dinner. After the experience, we had it has solidified our decision not to purchase any more gift cards to Applebee and therefore not returning to that restaurant chain for a very long if ever again. We ended our date night by going to Walmart where we used 2 gift cards from MPlaces and finished earning and use 2 additional gift cards from Shopkicks to buy some cereal.
- This is our beach vacation week. It has been awesome to spend time with all 5 kids and my mother at the same time.
- The weather has been less than ideal with storms and rain most of the week except for today! The kids and Matt rode jet skis this morning and then we spent the rest of the day on the beach.
- i am usually a little kid person but I am really enjoying this age of the little kids. They are pretty self sufficient but like to hold my hand while walking,
- i have never had a problem with my life proof case on my phone until today. My phone got wet and started acting wired. It is drying out and seems to be working better so hopefully it is not a total loss.
- Our biggest decision of the week……to head home on Saturday night or Sunday morning…. decided to let the weather decide!
I have definitely been blessed this week and want to share some of them with you!
- On Sunday, the girls received 3 full bags of clothes. Both girls tried on clothes for over an hour! Kendall will now have a back to school outfit with no money out of pocket.
- Lily has had several episodes this summer of what we thought was pink eye, after a recent check up and call to her eye doctor. It is definitely not pink eye but allergies. The eye office called us in a new “cheaper” prescription and also sent a coupon card with it. After a week of calls, today the pharmacy called and we received a refund. The new eye drops are $10 a month for 12 months a saving of $50 a month.
- I was able to purchase Zach a pair of tennis shoes and dress shoes for $10, He actually likes them both. This saved at least $50
- I received 2 HUGE boxes of cereal today for free!
- My vacation started this evening!
I am sitting in a really quiet house, except for the occasional dog bark, it should stay this way for at least the next twelve hours or so. Lily left this morning for a missions trip to Mami Florida, she will not be returning until next Sunday. This afternoon, Amanda, Haley, Lily and Zach left to camp overnight and play at Sliding Rock NC. We do have an Amanda dog but that is really not a big deal. In the past, we would have taken advantage of the kidless night to go out for dinner most likely a very expensive dinner just because it was two of us instead of five. But not tonight!! We have definitely tighten the budget this month as we enjoyed Michigan in June and have plans for Myrtle Beach in August and Disney in November.
Tonight, Matt and I saved money by eating at home. Our menu was T-bone steaks (from freezer), baked sweet potatoes (last year’s) and a strawberry cheesecake. I made the cheesecake in my new Instapot that Amanda bought me for my birthday. We even chilled a bottle of wine from the wine rack to make the meal complete. The meal cost us zero out of pocket and was honestly one of the best I have eaten in a while.